Quotes by men who have changed the course of American history:
Famous American History Quotes: These quotes were spoken by some of the forefathers and presidents that have established and maintained the freedom of our beloved country, the United States of America.
1) “I have no other view than to promote the public good, and am unambitious of honors not founded in the approbation of my Country.”
2) “Diligence is the mother of good luck.”
3) “Give me Liberty, or give me Death!”
The speech was given as an opposition to the English Crown in 1775, however, this quote will always be heard wherever there is oppression of freedom. Life will not be worthwhile without being able to do the things we want to do.
4) Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
5) “A house divided against itself cannot stand.”
6) "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
7) “I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”
Quoted from the man who is the father of the atomic bomb.
8) “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
Martin Luther King Jr.
The person who fought for equal rights with a peaceful advocate.
9) “Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!”
Led to the collapse of the Soviet Union.
10) “You are either with us, or against us”
George W. Bush
The culmination of the war against terror that changed the United States.
Known during his lifetime as a gifted actor, poet and playwright, William Shakespeare, was also an impresario, owning the most successful of all London theaters, The Globe, which opened in 1599. During his life, Shakespeare authored an estimated 37 plays, 154 sonnets, two narrative poems and two" lost plays". He is only known to have graduated from grammar school, there being no records of him attending Oxford or Cambridge. His most famous and beloved plays are Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet, the latter was actually based on a short poem by Arthur Brooks. As fitting of a playwright, his o…
Copyright © 2002-2013 Great Quotes.com